Erin Bush on Tenbound's Sales Development Podcast: The Dawn of Revenue Operations
By Jeff Garon, Senior Researcher, Tenbound
Erin serves as the Senior Director of Revenue Operations for Lean Data (LeanData provides the Revenue Ops platform to manage all go-to-market motions to increase speed-to-revenue, improve the buyer experience, and better align sales and marketing ROI), and shared her insights to the growing field of Revenue Operations, crafted by her vast experience spanning sales development, management, operations and beyond.
Interesting takeaways from our conversation:
For more information on Erin & Lean Data, please visit her LinkedIn profile or visit leandatainc.com.
Podcast epidsode https://www.spreaker.com/user/9196584/episode-106-special-done
And here https://tenbound.com/resources/
Click on image to hear the podcast.
Feel like you’re getting lost in the noise?
Not sure how to create better engagement in your current playbook?
Involve your SDR team. SDR’s are often your first point of contact with prospects and can be the make or break in your sales cycle.
Whether it’s uncovering needs that your sales team can then help meet, or just creating an authentic connection, SDR’s are invaluable to your entire process.
Our guest today on The Sales Engagement Podcast was David Dulany, CEO of Tenbound. He chats with Mark about how your sales development team is indispensable when it comes to the effectiveness of your engagement, especially when it comes to connecting on an authentic level with your prospects.
Episode 17 Brian Walton
In this episode, David shares the mic with Brian Walton, Sales Development Director at LinkedIn. Listen as Brian walks us through his journey from starting off on the talent solutions team of LinkedIn to becoming the Sales Development Director. He has managed and reorganized the sales development teams of Latin America into segments so that each team can focus on their target people and maximize their efficiency. Tune in as Brian discusses the importance of training your sales reps and what he’s fired up about, today, in his work at LinkedIn.
3 Key Points:
1. Managers and directors: spend time with your sales reps, educating them on the fundamentals of how business leaders think.
2. Sales reps: if your point of contact is a VP of sales, go to your own company’s VP of sales—study and learn from them so that you can be better equipped for that meeting or call.
3. At the end of the day, you are just two people connecting and and that point of connection is what people appreciate and respect.
Welcome Joe Payne to the show! Joe handles the Demand and Partnerships at LeadGenius, a lead generation company that takes marketing to the next level. Listen as Joe shares with David why he considers the old lead generation methods to be a waste of time and resources, the different ways LeadGenius works with their customers to maximize on their ad targeting and sales development, and why hiring a sales intern can be the first step to building a lead generation process for small companies.
3 Key Points:
1. Lead generation is more than just acquiring a list of names and email accounts—the opportunity to save time and narrow in on your targeting is KEY.
2. Your messages to prospects MUST translate into a valuable, personalized message, otherwise, it just becomes a noise.
3. Smaller companies can start building their lead generation processes and systems by utilizing the people that are available to them—sales interns are a great resource for this.
Episode 14 – Russ Hearl
In this episode, David interviews Russ Hearl, Vice President of Sales at PatSnap, a company that offers innovation intelligence, patent searches, and IP analytics. Russ attributes his success to his strong background in cold calling. He addresses the strengths of cold calling and debunks the myth that it is dead. Tune in to find out how he was able to raise $82M for Double Dutch through cold calling, the importance of researching your target market, and some key advice to strengthen your sales teams.
3 Key Points:
1. Cold calling is NOT dead – its success is dependent on a number of factors including the demand for your product and the research you put into targeting those calls.
2. Set up structures, methods, and define roles and expectations clearly for the success of your sales teams.
3. Always use data to analyze your target market and do your research to hit them at the RIGHT time.
Connect with Sean Sheppard: Linkedin Twitter
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader." - John Quincy Adams
I can't think of a more appropriate quote for this week's guest. As you can tell from the intro, I'm a huge fan of Ralph Barsi. Below, Ralph compiled the notes, links, books and takeaways from our conversation so you can put the ideas into action today! As you can see, he went way above and beyond to make this useful. The sign of a true professional.
Connect with Ralph Barsi: LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | Website | Email
ServiceNow: Provides service management for every business unit in the enterprise.
Glassdoor: Search millions of jobs and get the inside scoop on companies with employee reviews, personalized salary tools, and more.
AA-ISP: The American Association of Inside Sales Professionals.
December 2022 November 2022 October 2022 September 2022 August 2022 July 2022 June 2022 May 2022 February 2022 January 2022 December 2021 November 2021 October 2021 September 2021 July 2021 June 2021 May 2021 February 2021 January 2021 October 2020 September 2020 June 2020 May 2020 April 2020 March 2020 January 2020 December 2019 November 2019 September 2019 August 2019 June 2019 May 2019 March 2019 February 2019 November 2018 October 2018 July 2018 April 2018 March 2018 February 2018 November 2017 October 2017 September 2017 June 2017 May 2017 April 2017 March 2017 February 2017 January 2017 September 2016 August 2016 May 2016 September 2015 March 2015 February 2015 January 2015
All Book Boost Sales Career Coaching Cold Calling Communities Conference COVID-19 Infographic Job Leaders Leads Management Market Outsourcing Pandemic Podcast Psychographics Sales Development SDR Seminar Social Media Team Technology Trade Shows Training Trends